Skateboards are one of the most popular sports equipment worldwide. They are also one of the most delicate, due to their construction and components. As a result, it is important to take proper care when storing skateboards, in order to avoid damage.
In this blog post, we will be discussing the different ways to store your skateboard and how each option can benefit you. We will also provide some helpful tips on how to make sure your skateboard is always in good condition. So, whether you are a beginner or an experienced skater, keep reading to find out the best way to store your skateboard!
How to store skateboards? Best ways to store skateboard decks
1 Store in a climate-controlled environment
One of the most important things to consider when storing skateboards is the environment in which they will be stored. Skateboards are made of wood, and as such, are susceptible to warping and damage from changes in temperature and humidity. As a result, it is best to store skateboards in a climate-controlled environment, such as a cool, dry basement or storage unit.
2. Avoid extreme temperatures
Another important factor to consider when storing skateboards is temperature. Extreme changes in temperature can cause the wood to warp and the adhesive holding the deck together to break down. As a result, it is best to avoid storing skateboards in areas that are subject to extreme temperature changes, such as attics or garages.
3. Hang skateboards on a wall
One way to store skateboards in a safe and secure manner is to hang them on a wall. This can be done using special hangers designed for skateboards, or by simply screwing hooks into the wall. When hanging skateboards on a wall, it is important to make sure that the hooks are screwed into studs in order to avoid damaging the wall.
4. Use a storage rack
Another option for storing skateboards is to use a storage rack. There are a variety of different storage racks available on the market, and choosing the right one will depend on the size and number of skateboards that need to be stored. Storage racks can be made of wood, metal, or plastic, and some are even designed to be mounted on the wall.
5. Store skateboards in a box
Another option for storing skateboards is to store them in a box. This is a good option for those who have a small number of skateboards, or for those who want to keep their skateboards in a specific order. When storing skateboards in a box, it is important to use a sturdy box that will not collapse under the weight of the skateboards.
6. Use bubble wrap
Another option for storing skateboards is to use bubble wrap. Bubble wrap is a type of plastic that is often used to protect fragile items during shipping. When storing skateboards in bubble wrap, it is important to use a thick layer of bubble wrap in order to avoid damaging the skateboards.
7. Use a blanket
Another option for storing skateboards is to use a blanket. This is a good option for those who have a large number of skateboards, or for those who want to keep their skateboards in a specific order. When storing skateboards in a blanket, it is important to use a thick blanket in order to avoid damaging the skateboards.
8. Use a storage bag
Another option for storing skateboards is to use a storage bag. Storage bags are available in a variety of sizes, and choosing the right size will depend on the number of skateboards that need to be stored. Storage bags are made of a variety of materials, including canvas, nylon, and vinyl.
9. Take care when handling skateboards
When storing skateboards, it is important to take care when handling them. Skateboards are fragile and can be easily damaged. As a result, it is important to handle them with care and to avoid dropping them.
10. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions
When storing skateboards, it is important to follow the manufacturer’s instructions. Skateboards are delicate and can be easily damaged. As a result, it is important to follow the manufacturer’s instructions in order to avoid damaging the skateboards.
How to store your skateboards in a closet?
Assuming you would like a step-by-step guide on how to store skateboards in a closet, here are some tips:
1. Start by assessing the size of your skateboard collection and the amount of space you have available in your closet. If you have a large number of boards or limited space, you may need to get creative with your storage solutions.
2. Choose a storage solution that will protect your boards from damage. This is especially important if you have rare or vintage skateboards.
3. If you’re short on space, consider hanging your skateboards on the wall using hooks or racks specifically designed for this purpose. This will also help to prevent damage.
4. If you have the space, another option is to store your skateboards in plastic bins or containers. This can help to keep them dust-free and protected from damage.
5. Whatever storage solution you choose, make sure that it is sturdy and won’t collapse under the weight of your boards.
Following these tips will help to ensure that your skateboards are stored safely and protected from damage.
How to store your skateboards on racks? Step-by-step guide
Whenever you’re not skating, it’s important to store your skateboard properly. If you just leave it lying around, it can get damaged or become a tripping hazard. The best way to store your skateboard is on a rack.
There are many different types of racks available, but the most important factor is that the rack is sturdy and won’t tip over. You also want to make sure that the rack is big enough to accommodate all of your skateboards.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to store your skateboards on racks:
1. Choose the right type of rack. There are many different types of racks available, but the most important factor is that the rack is sturdy and won’t tip over. You also want to make sure that the rack is big enough to accommodate all of your skateboards.
2. Place the rack in a safe location. You don’t want to put the rack in a place where it can get knocked over or damaged.
3. Hang the skateboards on the rack. Make sure that the skateboards are securely attached to the rack so they don’t fall off.
4. Enjoy your neatly stored skateboards! Now that your skateboards are safely stored on a rack, you can relax and enjoy your skating worry-free.
How to Store your skateboards in a garage? step by step guide
Assuming you would like a step-by-step guide on how to store skateboards in a garage:
1. Assess the space you have available in your garage. Measure the dimensions of your skateboards and compare them to the space you have available. If you have limited space, consider hanging your skateboards on the wall or from the ceiling.
2. Choose a location in your garage that is out of the way and will not be in the way of foot traffic or car traffic.
3. Clear away any clutter that may be in the area where you plan to store your skateboards.
4. Place your skateboards in an upright position on a flat surface.
5. If you have more than one skateboard, space them out so that they are not touching each other.
6. Cover your skateboards with a dust cover or tarp to protect them from dust and dirt.
7. If you live in an area with high humidity, consider using a dehumidifier to help protect your skateboards from moisture damage.
8. Store your skateboards in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
How to Store it in the trunk of your car? step by step guide
If you don’t have a ton of space in your house or apartment to keep all your skateboards out, the next best option is to store them in the trunk of your car. This way they are always close by when you’re ready to go skating. Plus, it keeps them from getting damaged or dirty inside your home. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to store your skateboards in the trunk of your car:
1. Choose a spot in the trunk that is close to the backseat. This way you can easily access your boards when you’re ready to go skating.
2. Place a towel or mat down in the trunk to prevent your boards from slipping and sliding around.
3. If you have more than one board, stack them on top of each other. Be sure to put the heavier boards on the bottom and the lighter boards on top.
4. Once your boards are stacked, use a bungee cord or straps to secure them in place. This will keep them from falling over or sliding around while you’re driving.
5. That’s it! Now you’re ready to hit the streets with your skateboards stored safely in the trunk of your car.
Long-term skateboard storage
is all about preventing your skateboard from becoming warped. Heat and humidity are the two biggest enemies of a skateboard, so you’ll want to store your skateboard in a cool, dry place. The best way to do this is to invest in a good quality skateboard bag or case. You can also wrap your skateboard in a towel or blanket to help protect it from the elements.
If you’re planning on storing your skateboard for an extended period of time, you may want to consider disassembling it. This will help to prevent any damage that may occur while the skateboard is in storage. Be sure to label all of the parts so that you’ll be able to easily reassemble the skateboard when you’re ready to ride again.
Skateboard storage doesn’t have to be complicated. By taking a few simple precautions, you can ensure that your skateboard will be in good condition when you’re ready to ride again.
So, there you have it. Everything you ever wanted to know about how to store skateboards. Now that you are an expert on the topic, go forth and store your boards with confidence. And be sure to come back and visit us soon for more tips and tricks on all things skating!